http://garagedoorsrepairlakeoswego.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/garage-door-by-D_L.jpg 329 600 zebraz http://garagedoorsrepairlakeoswego.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/logo-dark-blue-black.png zebraz2017-03-15 23:56:232017-03-17 05:29:07Garage Door Buying Guide
Garage Door Buying Guide
A garage door may have quite some impact on the overall look of your home. So you need to be careful while choosing the size, color and styling of the garage door that you would like to use for your garage.
- Material: Choose the one which goes in accordance to your lifestyle and preferences. The most common materials are Wood, Aluminum and Steel.
- Styling: The styling of a garage door is an important factor in increasing the look and appeal. The different customized styling techniques are as follows:
- Carriage House
- Traditional Style
- Consideration of Maintenance: Garage Doors made of wood generally require a higher maintenance cost than those made from aluminum and steel. On the other hand, steel and aluminum doors may get a dent far easily than wood. Steel doors can be made with the look of a wood one so if you want the look of a wood door but are looking for a decrease in cost this is a good solution. A garage door which has been maintained on a regular basis can last up to 20 years.
- Garage Door Construction: The garage doors can be constructed in different ways:
- Single-layered: Single-layered doors are brought to shape from a single sheet of steel. These turn out to be the most economic of the lot.
- Double-layered: It has a steel skin on the outside with a polyester support from the inside. The polyester works as the soundproofing agent while providing added support.
- Triple-layered: It is constructed in the same manner like a double-layered one. The only difference lies in the added galvanized skin that gives a cushion on the inside part. This is the strongest and the most secure construction of garage doors.